Sr Mgr, Beef Procurement
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
To help manage an enterprise wide commodity procurement process for Sysco. The strategy is to help leverage Sysco’s size, scale and resources to lower cost-of-goods and drive incremental sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To help execute a plan to procure boxed beef nationally for all Broadline and SSMC’s
- Leverage operating company and Sysco Meat Company volume together for the lowest possible purchase cost
- Follow the beef procurement process to align with enterprise goals
- Generate earned income through market buys that will increase total margin
- Drive profitable beef sales through ; better information sharing, response to market, market timing , improved costs
- Communicate to Opco’s market intelligence and help set local pricing accordingly
- Train Opco and Meat co personnel that will enable them to more effectively sell the boxed beef category
- Integrate large program customer requirements with our beef procurement strategy
- Work effectively with internal departments such as Supply Chain, Pricing, Transportation, Sourcing, etc. to resolves issues and create competitive advantage.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years commodity procurement experience with large foodservice or retail distribution
- Minimum undergraduate degree or equivalent related industry experience
- Must be effective at communication skills
- Must possess deep industry knowledge for beef markets cause and effect
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to apply in communications with business partners, the field, and internal departments
- Ability to plan, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Performs independently as well in team environment
- Some travel (approx 10-15% or higher) required for supplier and Operating company visits
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to sit and operate a computer and a phone for extended periods of time.
- This position will be performed from the Corporate facility in Houston, TX
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- If working remote, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time