Building Maintenance Technician
Company: Sysco San Francisco
Zip Code: 94538
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 5900 Stewart Avenue, Fremont, CA, 94538
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will competently perform preventive maintenance, inspections, installations, and repairs on all assigned equipment to ensure their proper operation and function. The assignments may include automatic retrieval system, dock equipment, general building maintenance, light carpentry, painting, changing light bulbs, repair of minor electrical devices, light plumbing or HVAC, and other upkeep and repair on the facility.
- Perform routine inspections, basic installations, and minor repairs.
- Perform general building maintenance which may include light carpentry, painting, light plumbing, changing of light bulbs, and repair of minor electrical devices.
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated.
- Maintain all records, such as work orders and necessary reports to ensure accurate recording of activities for code and regulatory purposes.
- Process work requests and turn in completed work requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Utilize electronic system to order necessary parts, devices, etc. to properly repair or complete assigned work orders, following department procedures.
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order.
- Maintain adequate inventory of related parts to perform assigned duties.
- Maintain technical skills and required certifications to perform job duties.
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job.
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety.
- Champion overall safety in the department.
- Report possible safety issues and recommend appropriate changes.
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers.
- Respond professionally to customer needs.
- Cooperate and collaborate with Organization's leadership to champion and meet the strategic goals of the Organization's system.
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming and attendance.
- Serve on departmental and/or organizational committees or focus groups as requested and needed.
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- 1+ year(s) experience in facility maintenance
- 1+ year(s) experience in HVAC and preventive equipment maintenance
- Possess and maintain safe driving record.
- Possess own set of tools to perform the job.
- Possess working knowledge of computerized PM and work order systems.
- Possess the ability to learn various software programs associated with Organization and the Facilities Department.
- Possess strong technical, mechanical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess the ability to interact and communicate with all staff and management in English in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicate appropriately verbally and in writing using the English language.
- Able to read and follow instructions.
- Able to deal with difficult situations, resolve issues and concerns in a professional manner.
- Work and accomplish tasks in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to tolerate weather conditions including extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Physically be able to reach, lift, climb ladders, crawl, or otherwise see and work in tight and/or dimly lit places, as well as at heights.
- Varied work environments include maintenance shop, building, outside, dry warehouse, coolers, freezer, noise, water, etc., and outdoor/exterior. Incumbent will be subjected to various temperatures, weather conditions including extreme heat and extreme cold, as well as oil, grease, noise, etc.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time