Area Director of Operations/Production - East Area
Company: Sysco Speciality Meat and Seafood Corporate
Zip Code: 30305
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: Up to 75%
Sysco Speciality Meat and Seafood Corporate
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is a remote position requiring 80% travel within the assigned area. Companies in East Area include Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Atlanta, Buckhead Meat of Florida, Buckhead Meat New England, Buckhead Meat Northeast, Buckhead Meat of North Carolina, Incredible Fish, Metropolitan Poultry Meat & Seafood, North Star Seafood of Orlando, and North Star Seafood (in Pompano Beach, Florida). Candidates may reside anywhere within these area's.
In order of importance (most to least), briefly describe 4-6 primary responsibilities of the position, and approximate the percentage of time spent on each.
Building and Equipment Maintenance Management:
•Monitors area facilities to ensure proper maintenance and safety schedules are being utilized and adhered to.
•Ensures that all production, warehouse, facility and fleet equipment areas are maintained in a sanitary condition in an effort to ensure full compliance with sanitary requirements and guidelines.
•Reviews and approves major expenditures to ensure adherence to area’s budget.
•Analyzes growth of area’s facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business. This is to include office area and parking needs.
•Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including but not limited to EPA, FDA, FMCSA, OSHA.
•Develops and promotes Area goals and objectives and insures alignment with overall corporate goals and objectives.
•Guides planning and development of departmental area budgets and evaluates area operations in terms of fiscal management to ensure fiscal responsibility in the area’s operation.
•Collaborates with Area Leadership to maintain and enhance inter-face capabilities with other functions and departments in an effort to continually improve overall organizational efficiency as an Area.
•Analyzes, identifies, and proposes action to the solution of problems with the operations and leadership teams of individuals and departments in an effort to increase the effectiveness of operations.
•Serves as Area spokesperson in cases of inquiry, feedback, or requests for special information in order to facilitate the accurate and precise flow of information.
•Provides indirect supervision of subordinates in order to achieve and maintain optimal Area efficiencies.
•Key participant in cross-functional Area leadership team.
•Monitors individual Operational Service Levels and works with local leadership to ensure method and system utilization and compliance.
•Monitors performance of all direct job functions and works with local leadership to ensure performance standards are consistently met.
•Works with local leadership to improve overall production and warehousing performance levels through maintenance of performance and yield standards and continuously working to improve minimum performance expectations.
•Works with local leadership to ensure optimal utilization of production equipment, GPMs, and SOPs.
•Works with local leadership to ensure maintenance of slotting practices and optimal slotting configurations.
•Works with Local Leadership to ensure optimal utilization of road net and insure proper routing practices and policies are being adhered to.
•Works with each OPCO to ensure Compliance with all current Food Safety Policies, Protocols and Requirements.
•Ensures Compliance with Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
•Ensures that local fleet and operations are not utilized to perform tasks or practices that are not profitable such as back hauling or trailer loaning without proper cost to benefit analysis to support.
•Ensures the use and updating of productivity, routing, and maintenance software systems to enhance low cost of operations.
•Provides support to ensure proper staffing needs are met.
Safety and Security Management:
•Monitors the maintenance of area facilities by ensuring they are kept in a condition consistent with the safety standards set by Sysco in an effort to reduce or eliminate operations related injuries and damage/loss of product and equipment.
•Ensures that market operations staff complies with all Sysco policies concerning safety and security of all operations related activities in an effort to reduce accidents and product loss.
•Ensures that market staff is trained in the safe operation of automated equipment and vehicles and in the proper conduct of their duties in an effort to reduce accidents and damage to products.
•Monitors product loss and profit reduction due to theft to ensure that market operations management staffs are enforcing policies concerning warehouse security.
•Monitors injury levels and equipment/product damage levels to ensure that market operations management staff is enforcing policies concerning warehouse safety.
•Select, develop and retain the required Operations leadership talent within SSMG companies to meet current and future business needs.
•Ensure that assigned OPCO operations leaders successfully execute core distribution programs.
•Utilizes Sysco talent management programs tools and programs (performance management, leadership development, Sysco Speaks, talent reviews) to manage and develop OPCO Operations leadership talent
•Provides consistent and ongoing feedback on the performance of OPCO Operations leaders.
•Demonstrate effectiveness and collaboration in leading remote teams.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field.
In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, will consider candidates with an appropriate combination of education and management experience in distribution, supply chain and logistics.
Minimum of 10 years similar industry management and operational experience required.
Experience in both Union and Non Union environments.
Experience managing large capital Expenditure projects.
Experience with refrigeration systems (ammonia, R22 or CO2).
TECHNICAL SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to drive Individual Development Plans (IDPs), leverage performance management tools, and build leadership capability for succession planning.
• Working knowledge of regulations/legislation and governing bodies, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, OSHA, EPA, FDA.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
• Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
• Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent timely and objective manner.
• Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies, Corporate and the business community in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Ability to work in a disciplines manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
• Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues. Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time