Market Administrative Assistant
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Reporting directly to the Market President, the Administrative Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and senior leader support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little supervision. The Administrative Assistant will be a highly resourceful team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Market President and Leaders including:
managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence, presentations and reports; assists with report analysis; maintains confidentiality; copying, reviewing mail, scanning and filing documents, screening phone calls and visitors, updating Outlook contacts, maintaining executive files, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and coordinating internal/external meetings, including all logistic and material preparations in advance for participants.
- Anticipates executives’ needs and proactively brings together appropriate people and resources.
Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; making adjustments to plans.
- Enhances executives’ and company’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Represents the executives by welcoming visitors, arranging company dinners and other corporate functions, answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executive office.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off site and all staff meetings.
- Managing the market hub office, including maintaining office supplies
Frequently interacts with the following:
- Corporate office staff, operating company staff, suppliers and customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several discrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access and Project). Knowledge with tables, formatting, formulas, clipart/ graphics, presentations, macros, database development, project tracking, etc.
- Excellent word-processing skills (50 - 60 wpm) and business writing ability, including accurate and precise proof reading skills.
- Strong organization, analytical, attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and capable of working with little direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate with all levels (Presidents, Sr. Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents and Directors of all Sysco operating companies and staff levels).
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
- Budget planning/administration as required.
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma required.
The job may require possible travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly requried to use hands to finger, handle, or feel object, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus for typing from copy, filing, pulling various files, delivering mail and correspondence.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time