Material Handling Technician/Forklift Mechanic
Company: Sysco Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 10710 Greens Crossing Blvd, Houston, TX, 77038
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Maintains all powered industrial equipment in good working condition to ensure safety, availability, and reduce breakdowns.
- Develops and follows scheduled maintenance plans for all warehouse equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems and identifies their solutions in an effort to correct malfunctions and reduce further breakdowns.
- Maintains inventory for regularly used parts and places parts order upon Manager approval.
- Repairs any equipment breakdowns or malfunctions of electrical, mechanical or hydraulic systems to ensure that warehouse functions are not interrupted.
- Any function necessary to maintain equipment in proper and safe working order.
- Provide own basic mechanical tools.
- May be required to work unusual shifts including evening call-in and week-end as needs arise.
- May be required to continue education by attending training seminars for equipment maintenance.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent
- Must be certified to operate all warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to use tools as necessary for repair equipment.
- Ability to see into small areas to diagnose problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This work requires the following physical activities: driving, climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 100 lbs. of material, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, speaking, hearing and visual acuity.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time