Analyst II, SC
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Serve as the business matter expert in the area of supply chain and will be responsible for managing multiple projects for supply chain modeling and analysis in the context of Category Management, Re-Distribution Analytics, Steady State Optimization, Transportation Networks and other ad-hoc analysis requests. The Supply Chain Analyst will work with external and internal stakeholders on various projects to propose an optimized future state supply chain.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as business matter expert in supply chain designing, modeling and analysis
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to obtain data needed for analysis and validate data for accuracy
- Model, analyze and compare various supply chain scenarios using supply chain optimization tools
- Manage multiple supply chain modeling projects concurrently
- Research, select and recommend scenario which is the most profitable and executable from business perspective and project cost/savings impact for the future state supply chain
- Communicate with internal and external customer to understand the business model and obtain current state costs
- Coordinate with key stake holders and help in developing strategies, assumptions and supply chain analysis deliverables
- Work with operations departments to transition from the analysis phase to the execution phase
- Responsible for effectively selling supply chain change recommendation to internal/external customers
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business, Computer Science or Analytics degree preferred) or relevant Sysco experience in lieu of a degree
2 years relevant professional experience
- Strong quantitative problem solver who can manage complex issues and interpret large data sets comfortably
- Analytical thinking who can draw sound business conclusions from multiple sources of information
- Self-driven individual who is able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative team player who can effectively work in a matrix/cross-functional organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to work independently and proactively within the defined scope of responsibility
- Intermediate Excel skills required and intermediate Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, Word preferred, Theoritical knowledge of statistics and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. spreadsheet modeling, regression analysis) preferred
- Understanding of applications of mixed integer programming based modeling tools such as i2 Supply Chain Strategist, Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru or other tools strongly perferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position must be performed from the corporate facility in Houston, Texas.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more!
Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time