Category Planner II
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Jackson
Zip Code: 39209-2683
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Achieve company inventory management goals for complex categories which includes but is not limited to: exemplary customer service, PO accuracy (cost, quantity, dates), minimal spoilage and shrink, and managing inventory to the lowest possible DSO. Execute a replenishment strategy that supports supply chain efficiencies. Train and support the replenishment team on appropriate forecast management, procurement best practices, policies and procedures.
- Take strategic action to maintain local inventory levels while maximizing customer service levels
- Manage Inventory DSO, aged inventory, obsolete inventory, spoilage and shrink to achieve corporate goals
- Manage forecasting and demand planning for customer events, business shifts, and seasonality changes
- Provide training to planning team on procurement processes to comply with corporate guidelines
- Collaborate with local, market and corporate merchandising teams, suppliers, and other functional areas.
- Demonstrate an intermediate to advanced level of proficiency of the Manhatten inventory planning tool DPR, to drive team’s performance as indicated by DPR scorecards, dashboards and merchandising KPIs
- Work with logistics team to maximize supply chain efficiencies
- Collaborate/strategize with Operations to develop programs to maximize efficiencies of receiving and warehousing
- Manage OpCo level SKU count (min 2,300-4,000 SKUs vendor direct, 3500+ redistributed or 2,000 Purchase Order perishable lines weekly) and resolve replenishment issues as required. Performance to be sustained at this level while meeting established Key Performance Indicators.
- Execute purchasing of new items and demand changes timely
- Follow and react to market conditions within established corporate and market guidelines
- Manage and understand commodity purchasing dynamics
- Execute enterprise purchasing initiatives
- Strong excel skills
- Inventory Management/Purchasing experience in distributor with 10,000+ SKUs
- Bachelor's degree
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years experience. May substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of 3 years Inventory Management/Purchasing experience (Bachelors +1 year Inventory Management/Purchasing experience).
- Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment
- High school diploma required.
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders on any gaps in product service level
- Ability to work cross functionally across the enterprise
- Strong attention to details and follow up
- Proactive attitude to highlight and address issues as they arise
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand/execute standard replenishment processes and best practices
- Strong tactical replenishment execution skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers to execute the inventory depletion process
- Strong understanding of product forecasting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time