Company: Sysco Denver
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for performing the computer keying of all maintenance records and repairs on fleet equipment into the maintenance software, answering phone calls from delivery associates and vendors regarding breakdowns, parts ordered, parts deliveries, fuel deliveries, and other fleet maintenance related duties.
- Input all purchase orders into maintenance software.
- Input all work orders into maintenance software.
- Direct phone calls to fleet manager or others as needed.
- Identify problems and propose solutions to other members of management for improved shop efficiency.
- Work directly and indirectly with other departments within Sysco.
- Maintain and review inventory of parts and supplies.
- Analyze prices from vendors.
- Work with maintenance tracking software to ensure all equipment is scheduled for PM’s and other maintenance as needed.
- Assign backhaul pickups throughout the day.
- Receive incoming calls from drivers, associates and customers and be able and willing to answer all questions.
- Keep management informed of all activities concerning the Operations department.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent, or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Driver License with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Basic personal computer (PC) skills and proficiency with MS Outlook
- Use of 10-key by touch
- Data Entry experience
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to plan and organize work tasks for maximum efficiency
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time