Regional - Chief Financial Officer, Dallas, Tx
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: FreshPoint Dallas
Zip Code: 72544
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Manage Accounting, Credit, and Inventory functions at FP Oklahoma City, South Texas, Dallas, & Denver; maintain and ensure the integrity of the company’s financial statements; establish and maintain company controls to protect the company’s assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage Accounting, Credit, and Inventory Control departments
• Review and approve all journal entries recorded by staff to ensure accuracy and adherence to GAAP and Sysco FAMM
• Review and approve all account analysis/reconciliations monthly to ensure proper documentation of account balances
• Prepare or review all weekly and monthly financial reports for FPSC, FreshPoint Corp, and Sysco management.
• Provide financial advice to company president regarding expense control and asset security
• Compute or review all monthly, quarterly and annual incentives
• Coordinate the preparation of the annual Sysco Profit Plan Package
• Coordinate and oversee Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 internal control compliance, internal customer compliance audits, preparation for the biannual Sysco Ops Review audits, and external audits.
• Complete the annual Sysco Tax Package
• Chair or actively participate in Shrink Reduction and Steering Committees
• Ensure compliance with taxing and other governmental agencies
• Provide accounting and compliance support to the payroll department
• Prepare large account profitability analysis and ad-hoc reports/analyses
• Ensure compliance with company’s Certificate of Insurance and Hold Harmless Agreement policies
• Approve all new credit terms and assist Credit Manager with credit decisions of large customers
• Approve Expense invoices and credit memos outside of company’s return policy
• Lead or assist management’s development of policies and/or procedures
• Assist with company employee activities/events
• Support other manager’s meetings/committees/events
• Good attendance and adherence to work schedule
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
• Strong Accounting skills and understanding of GAAP
• Strong Supervisory, Leadership, and Delegating skills
• Strong Written & Oral Communication skills
• Strong Computer skills; knowledge in AS/400, and SAP, a plus
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Excellent analytical skills
• Organized, detail oriented and able to work independently
• Team player, self-motivated and able to work in a fast pace environment.
• Good typing skills, and 10-key to touch
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
• 7 years of accounting experience
• 3 years distribution industry experience, preferably foodservice or produce, preferred
• 5 years of supervisory experience and some leadership training
This position requires the ability to sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. Must be mobile to confer with other accounting associates and managers daily. Light lifting of up to 50 lb. boxes occasionally.
General office environment
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time