Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Zip Code: 99501
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The FSQA Supervisor is primarily responsible for the execution of food safety programs at a fresh cut manufacturing location, and a produce distribution location. This will include HACCP coordination, pre-operation inspections, and verification of CCPs, SSOP completion, food safety training, observations, and GMPs, some monitoring of CCP’s and quality checks. The ability to proactively lead and instruct in the area of Food Safety within the Operating Company is vital to this role. This position drives corporate food safety strategy at the local level to mitigate food safety risk through implementation of the field level food safety preventive controls program for manufacturing and distribution.
The FSQA Supervisor reports to the FSQA Multi Site Manager, and oversees the execution of the requirements, policies, procedures, programs and training components of the food safety system.
The FSQA Supervisor facilitates the document control program and reporting for system usage. This role frequently partners with stakeholders from USDA onsite, Manufacturing Operations, Merchandising, Finance, Sales, and HR/Safety to provide food safety leadership and subject matter expertise.
Dito’s is located at 8240 King St Anchorage, AK 99518.
Ditomaso’s is located at 601 Yakutat St, Anchorage, AK 99501
- Primary focus is oversight and execution at Sysco Alaska’s FreshCut facility- Dito’s Fresh Cut’s. Additional duties and responsibilities at Ditomaso’s Fruits and Vegetables distribution.
- Execute all corporate food safety related strategies, policies and procedures; maintain open communication with all related departments to address the identification of food safety hazards and process improvement opportunities.
- Manage Preventive Controls For Human Food (formally HACCP) plan and pre-requisite programs.
- Conduct calibrations, perform Preventive Controls monitoring to include but not limited to – wash water monitoring, temperature monitoring, allergen control, environmental monitoring, and metal detection, and the sanitation program.
- Ensure compliance with applicable food safety regulatory requirements (Federal, State/Provincial and, Local) including USDA onsite. Product label creation, review and approval to comply with applicable food safety regulatory requirements (Federal, State/Provincial and, Local) for ingredients, allergen, country of origin, nutrition information et al.
- Use the document control system to collect, maintain, and update corporate standard operating procedures, policies, and templates for all Food Safety related records used by Operating Company associates.
- Conduct traceability during product recall process to ensure timely communication and execution of product recalls and completion of related documentation.
- Conduct observations of key associates performing food safety and quality assurance activities.
- Deliver and track program training for all associates and supervisors with direct Food Safety program responsibilities.
- Complete other essential job functions as assigned.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (Food Science, Animal Science, Biological Science, Food Microbiology, or similar field)
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, a combination of education and experience may be considered, provided that the candidate has demonstrated technical proficiency in the areas of food safety, food microbiology, sanitation, food chemistry, animal science, biology, food defense, bacteriology, food processing technologies, and food regulations & policy.
- Associates Degree Required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Food Manufacturing, Distribution Center Food Service Operations, Quality Assurance/Control, Research & Development, Food Production/Operations, Supply Chain, or related discipline
- Knowledge of product traceability
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI), HACCP and ServSafe certifications preferred
- Understanding of Food Safety regulations, laws, and best practices including those from FDA, USDA, CFIA, and other state/provincial/ local entities
- Basic knowledge of food microbiology, food safety, and food defense
- Supervisory experience preferred
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Intrinsic Capabilities: The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently with minimal oversight. This person will have a high-level of integrity and accountability, specifically the ability to speak and act with complete honesty and trustworthiness. This person will be flexible and adaptable to adjust quickly to new circumstances. In addition, this person will demonstrate active curiosity with a strong focus around proactively soliciting and acting on received feedback. This person will have a very high level of maturity and be able to read an audience and adapt his/her communication and influencing style quickly and appropriately. This person will have high energy and thrive on solving complex challenges. This person will be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, often with competing priorities.
Developing and Leveraging Relationships: The successful candidate will have superior communication, relationship building and influencing skills. This person will be open-minded, transparent and they will have exceptional listening skills. This person will communicate ideas in a clear, practical and compelling manner. Further they will balance data, personalities, and conflicting interests when influencing others and recognize nuances in reading others. Finally, this person will possess the highest level of integrity and character.
Language Skills: The successful candidate will have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English. Candidate must demonstrate ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies and procedures, as well as effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of associates, managers, customers, and suppliers.
Mathematical Skills: The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, as well as have ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs.
Reasoning Ability: The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: Valid driver’s license. Certifications in Food Safety, PCQI, HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to use a personal computer and office communication equipment.
WORK & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position may require travel to one or more Sysco facilities or Operating Companies. The work requires the following physical activities: sitting, finger dexterity for activities such as data entry, speaking, hearing, visual acuity, and mobility between departments. Work may require bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, and crouching; extensive telephone work; ability to receive detailed information through both verbal and written communication, ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; ability to lift up to 50-75 lbs. Use of both hands is required. The work is performed primarily indoors. Occasionally some work may be performed for short periods in temperature controlled warehouse environments (freezer, cooler, and exterior environments and in both cold and wet environments).
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Plant audits/inspections and working at distribution warehouses and Sysco Operating Companies contain both moderate/loud noise and exposure to fumes and mechanical hazards.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time