Indirect Sourcing Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Leads sourcing activities for defined set of indirect spend categories, with the goal of achieving reductions in total cost of ownership, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels while lowering risk; manage strategic relationship and internal communication with suppliers and stakeholders to develop continuous improvement initiatives and implementation plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researching / analyzing spend, industry dynamics/trends, and stakeholder requirements of assigned categories -- strategic formulation
- Sourcing of assigned categories, including RFPs / RFIs, selection criteria (in-source vs. out-source), and risk assessment -- strategic evaluation
- Working closely with Fleet Planning, Maintenance, and other key stakeholders, develop sourcing strategy to reduce total cost of ownership for Sysco’s fleet, material handling equipment, and other related cateogories to support Sysco’s operations.
- Implementing results, including development of short-list and recommendation of supplier(s) selection, negotiation, agreement of contractual terms and conditions, piloting and transition plans – strategic implementation
- Reviewing category through scorecards (cost/performance), periodic reporting of status, stakeholder feedback, supplier business reviews, demand management, improvement initiatives, updates of products and pricing – strategic review
- Managing team of up to two analysts to support category strategy, including prioritizing workload, providing feedback, and driving results.
- Planning, adherence to policy, and use of process tools (e-suite – sourcing, contracts, auctions, etc)
- Managing individual and team development and other assigned duties
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- 6 - 10 years overall professional experience
- Functional knowledge of procurement, sourcing and/or category management; Experience sourcing or managing fleet or related categories preferred; Strong Excel skills (e.g., basic financial modeling, pivot tables, able to navigate large data sets)
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills (conduct multiple complex analyses simultaneously)
- Good planning/project management/execution skills
- Possess strong negotiating skills
- Possess strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exhibits passion for reducing costs
- Possess strong leadership, management, and coordination skills
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve conflict, and coordinate work with others
- Ability to deal comfortably with conflict
- Understands team dynamics and works well within team structure.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position will be performed from the Corporate HQ.
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities and supplier locations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time