Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We are currently looking at qualified candidates in the position of Checker. The primary purpose of this position is to support the outbound shipping department. Checkers are responsible for accurately verifying all outgoing product. This will include dates if applicable, quantities, correct pack size and description.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The Checker is primarily responsible for
- Double checks all labels for accuracy
- Quality checks outbound pallets and full loads for accuracy prior to shipment
- Communicates in an effective manner, both orally and written, with warehouse personnel, other departments and management
- Continually informs the warehouse management team of potential problems or changes
- Follows all warehouse safety rules
- Completes any projects or other duties as assigned by warehouse management team
The Checker must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, have 6 months of general warehousing experience, and effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
The Checker must be able to:
- Work in both ambient and freezer temperatures
- Have strong attention to detail
- Lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 80 lbs occasionally
- Work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift
- Work nights and/or weekends as needed
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time