Sr Financial Data Analyst
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Support strategies to help streamline processes, drive efficiency and create a robust performance reporting portfolio. Responsible for elevating data capabilities, reporting & predictive modeling in order to enhance financial and non-financial reporting and management metrics at the corporate level. Support creation and socialization of field finance analytical tools that enable better P&L management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create reporting suites that enable insights for Finance and Business team. Partner with field finance teams to develop KPIs that help explain performance and drive proactive P&L management
- Apply a solid working knowledge of data management techniques, including software solutions for storing, accessing, reporting, and analyzing data
- Identify and implement solutions for data gaps to enable creation of new financial reports, improvement of existing reports, and easy analysis of data
- Improve and standardize the processes for collecting, combining and validating the integrity of large data sets.
- Use VBA and other tools to create excel based standardized reporting with flexibility for multi-dimensional use
- Use data analytics to draw conclusions and present financial and operational insights in an effort to support timely executive level decision-making
- Make strategic recommendations for solutions to business problems and opportunities using data analytics and predictive modeling
- Support the business transformation metrics and tracking; tie to P&L results
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- BA or, an equivalent combination of education and experience (3+ years) sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Strong understanding of basic accounting and finance
- Minimum at least 3 years of work experience in a corporate setting, with emphasis on areas such as report development, standardized reporting, technology solutions and dashboards
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. VBA, Macros capability is a must
- Proficient at querying large data sets, report writing and able to present findings
- Understanding of ERPs, management information systems and data integrity management
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau)
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- High business acumen with strong finance background
- Works productively across the enterprise and partners with others to achieve shared goals
- Self-starter, high motivated to improve business processes
- Speaks and acts with complete honesty and trustworthiness
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time