Mgr, Financial Reporting
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is primarily responsible for various forms of external and internal financial reporting including the preparation of the consolidated balance sheet, income statement and cash flow. Areas of external financial reporting include: SEC reporting including XBRL, benefit plan reporting, government reporting. Areas of internal financial reporting include: materials for Audit and Disclosure Committees and financial statement analysis supplied to executive management. This position has supervisory and development responsibilities for one or more financial analysts. Position requires the ability to manage a high-performing team with high visibility to executive management and create high profile reports used by executive management, board of directors and external shareholders.
- Direct and review work performed by the Financial Analyst position(s) to meet external and internal financial reporting responsibilities
- External and Internal Financial Reporting
- Prepare and review of all quarterly and annual SEC filings in accordance with GAAP, including preparation of financial statements, MD&A, footnotes, footnote support and XBRL
- Assist in preparation of other SEC filings such as registration statement and proxy statement
- Provide various support and materials to the Investor Relations department in connection with the quarterly earnings release cycle
- Prepare detailed variance analysis quarterly of consolidated balance sheet and cash flow statements on quarterly basis that is supplied to executive management
- Prepare various materials for Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee
- Coordinate the preparation of retirement plan and 401(k) financial statements and supporting workpapers with audit team
- Coordinate and prepare various governmental filings, including U.S. Census and Bureau of Economic Analysis filings
- Study recent accounting pronouncements, quarterly filings of peers and areas of regulatory focus in quarterly filings in an effort to continuously improve the company’s SEC filings
- Prepare of full set of monthly internal financial statements
- Document financial reporting processes for SOX 404
- Coordinate with Investor Relations, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis and Legal departments and internal and external auditors
- Coordinate relationships with external vendors providing services to financial reporting department
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA required.
- 6 or more years experience; Public accounting experience a plus.
- SEC reporting experience required
- Intermediate Excel computer skills; must be able to create and modify existing Excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of BPC and Wdesk a plus
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time