Maintenance & Refrigeration Facility Technician - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Portland
Zip Code: 97070-0527
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This position is located at 26250 SW Parkway Center Drive, Wilsonville, OR 97070-0527
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This is an Operations position responsible for overseeing the safe operation, daily monitoring and maintenance activities associated with general maintenance and repair of the facility, automatic retrieval systems, dock equipment, minor repair of electrical devices, plumbing, fleet shop, refrigeration system operator and security.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements
- Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage)
- Knowledge of OSHA general industry electrical safety standards; Title 29
- Knowledge of NFPA 70 National electrical code and NFPA 70E electrical safety requirements
- Proficient in electrical meter testing
- Knowledge of OSHA electrical Arc Flash requirements
- Understanding and working knowledge of PLC’s and PLC trouble shooting
- Conduit bending
- Motors and Motor control center knowledge
- Motor start knowledge
- Contactor and relay knowledge and repair
- Refrigeration Operator I
- Complete welding projects as needed
- Completes all special projects associated with building or grounds, as requested. Includes but not limited to:
- Moving furniture or fixtures;
- Changing lights;
- Completing basic maintenance and repair needs to insure timely completion of all maintenance needs.
- Perform general building maintenance which Includes but not limited to:
- Changing of light bulbs
- Repair of electrical devices
- Maintain facility assets through scheduled preventative maintenance and repair activities which Includes but not limited to:
- Roof inspections and repairs
- Concrete and asphalt paving inspections and repairs
- Concrete industrial wear-slab inspections and repairs including joint cleaning, routing and filling
- Product racking inspections and repairs
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) inspections and repairs
- Dock equipment (IE: Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pit or vertical dock levelers; manual or electric dock doors; manual, electric, or hydraulic truck restraints; dock seals or shelters), inspections and repairs
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Responsible for logging time and materials into computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for daily refrigeration operator duties including ePSM inspections and logs
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming and attendance
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
- Train and mentor Facility Tech I and II
Education and / or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Facility maintenance tech school (preferred)
- Six years of industrial facility and ASRS maintenance experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Refrigeration Operator I / RETA: CARO
- Refrigeration Operator II / RETA: CIRO (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting Company standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months
- Electrical Arc Flash training (preferred)
- Trade electrical I & II training (preferred)
- RETA CARO required
- RETA CIRO in addition to RETA CARO (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employeewill be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time