Company: The SYGMA Network Portland Oregon
Zip Code: 97015
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The SYGMA Network Portland Oregon
JOB SUMMARY (Briefly state why this position exists)
Ensure the organized flow of warehouse and occupancy functions. Such functions include but are not limited to shipping and receiving of goods adhering to stringent product quality standards, inventory control, productivity, order accuracy, and sanitation standards. Functions also include the overseeing of all building maintenance and repairs associated with the upkeep of warehouse and office space, to include refrigeration equipment and fire protection systems. The warehouse manager must maintain control of departmental expenses and maintain compliance with all OSHA guidelines.
- Hire, train, direct and discipline warehouse personnel to achieve the most effective use of manpower and equipment. Process weekly payroll and warehouse performance reports.
- Review receiving to determine stock outs. Inform purchasing of potential outs, under/over stock problems and quality issues.
- Perform daily sanitation and safety inspections. Ensure security, maintenance, and repair of warehouse equipment and physical building.
- Conduct routine warehouse meetings including ongoing safety program. You may be required to be a part of the safety committee.
- Perform cycle counting and reconciliations as well as physical inventories as scheduled.
- Organize paper flow for outbound shift. Review delivery adjustments and reconcile. Process vendor charge backs to recover lost expenses associated to vendor quality problems.
- Process expense invoices and manage expenses. Recommend improvements in areas needing improved efficiencies to lower operating costs.
- Manage productivity and order accuracy to achieve a high warehouse service level.
- Maintain open communications with other departments, managers, and other company personnel.
- Perform warehouse operations in accordance with SYGMA compliance standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Monitor and maintain Gagnon productivity tracking system.
- Sign off on bi-weekly payroll
- Maintain all OSHA required records and compliance procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma/GED plus 6 years warehouse supervisory experience or 4 year degree plus 3 years warehouse supervisory experience.
Work is light in nature with some walking for inspections on a regular basis. Approximately 10% of time is spent on key entry. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and working in high conditions. Physical ability to carry boxes weighing up to 50 lbs. is required. You must be able to communicate clearly, primarily by telephone, to vendors, shippers, employees, and other company personnel.
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform manual task, hear, sit, reach, bend, and interact with others.
Office is situated in the warehouse. Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.
PC, Microsoft Office programs, CRT, calculator.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time