Company: FreshPoint Charlotte
Zip Code: 28269
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
FreshPoint Produce, a subsidiary of SYSCO Foods, is the largest foodservice distributor of fresh produce in the country, supplying the freshest produce directly from the field to our customer’s kitchens. FreshPoint Charlotte is searching for a dynamic Transportation Supervisor for our Transportation Team. Qualified candidates are motivated, team oriented, ambitious self-starters with a proven track record in a Supervisory role. Job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, building long-term relationships with our internal and external customers to “Help our Customers Succeed”, effective supervision of the transportation department and associate development. Candidates must also have the ability to work in a team environment, communicate effectively within all levels of the organization, possess a valid commercial driver’s license, a clean MVR and pass a DOT physical.
FreshPoint Job Description
JOB TITLE: Transportation Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB CODE: DEL101
REPORTS TO: Transportation Manager
DATE: March 2016
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the effectively supporting the Transportation Manager and assuming operation of the entire Transportation Department in the Transportation Manager’s absence. Supervisor must be able to communicate well with all departments, coordinate equipment and drivers, and maintain a fine balance between distribution efficiency and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in routing all customers for specified time deliveries
- Responsible for assisting in scheduling second run drivers daily/weekly.
- Assure all keys for trucks are in the office and accounted for.
- Daily fleet inspection.
- Facilitate all hand truck, load bar, driver equipment availability, repair, accountability and maintenance.
- Maintain proper HOS documentation and log books/XRS tablets as required by the DOT
- Daily accountability of all vehicle post and pre-trip inspections.
- Complete payroll and turn in all documentation in timely manner in Transportation Manager’s absence.
- Assure drivers are properly trained in department policies, customer service, safety, and driving ability.
- Assist in routing all new accounts in AS400, making sure delivery time windows are met.
- Maintain all equipment with padlocks, insurance / registration envelope, truck emergency testing kit, and other necessities.
- Work closely with other departments to assure customer service is provided in the most efficient method.
- Assist in preparing performance evaluations on route drivers and schedule driver ride alongs.
- Answer incoming calls from drivers regarding problems and reroute when necessary.
- Must be able to operate CMV as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed by Transportation Manager.
- Adherence to attendance policy and work schedule.
- Work schedule to be Monday-Saturday, with either Tuesday or Thursday off, at the discretion of the Transportation Manager.
- Flexible availability required
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Working knowledge of DOT and FMCSA Regulations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to train, motivate, discipline and develop route drivers.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively.
- Good communication skills within all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education preferred.
- Prior supervisory background preferred.
- AS400 experience preferred.
- Class A or B CDL
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and sit for extended periods and perform repetitive movements in wrists and arms on a frequent basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Some loading/unloading of trucks is required.
Must pass federal Department of Transportation Physical Exam requirements and obtain DOT certification.
Office environment with a large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool and noise level can be moderate to high.
This Job Description is not an employment contract. The company reserves the right to change the job description and the job duties at any time without notice. I certify that I understand the job description, I possess the above qualifications, and that I can perform each of the above functions with or without an accommodation.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
WOMEN, MINORITIES AND VETERANS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time