Soap Operations Maintenance Mechanic- Level I 2nd Shift
Company: Guest Supply
Zip Code: 08873
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Who We Are:
Guest Supply is a leading global manufacturer and distributor to the Travel and Leisure industry, providing products to over 25,000 hotels in 100 countries. Rapidly approaching a billion dollars in annual revenue, Guest Supply has grown its business by over 200% in the last 7 years. Guest Supply is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Sysco. Sysco is a 50 billion dollar, industry leading, global food and beverage distribution company, employing hundreds of thousands of employees worldwide and home to the 13th largest sales organization in the world.
The Soap Operations Maintenance Mechanic (Level I) is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, replacing, and installing all soap operations equipment in conformance with Company general and safety policies and GMP standards. The Soap Operations Maintenance Mechanic will also perform monthly preventive maintenance of all Soap Operations equipment.
- Perform daily work assignments and special work projects (i.e., equipment re-location, installations and upgrades) as assigned by the Soap Operations Lead Technician, Maintenance Coordinator or Soap Operations Manager in conformance with GMP standards and company general and safety policies. Prioritize daily work assignments to ensure completion in an effective and timely manner.
- Perform line changeovers.
- Perform scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance on all equipment.
- Assist training technicians on operations of equipment.
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance on all equipment as needed.
- Requires company-provided “Confined Space,” “Lock Out / Tag Out” and “Powered Industrial Equipment” certification following company provided training.
- Respond promptly to pages for non-scheduled/non-routine repairs.
- Maintain mechanical room and shop area for change and spare parts storage in clean and efficient operating condition. . Request supplies as needed.
- Input daily equipment issues and parts used into computerized Maintenance Management software (CMMS).
- Work with team members to improve line efficiencies.
- Participate in monthly safety training and inspections.
- Recommend opportunities for improvements in methods, material, and safety.
- Recommend processes, equipment and machinery that can contribute to projects, equipment upgrades and/or operational improvements.
- Follow safety guidelines and maintain a safe working environment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, INCLUDING DEGREES & CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) or related trade school.
- 3 years high speed packaging line maintenance, including: plumbing (pneumatic/hydraulic); basic electrical for troubleshooting and repairs; cutting, burning, grinding and metal fabrication; basic millwright and rigging; use of machine shop tools, including Lathe, End Mill, Band and Chop Saws and power & hand tools.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general policies. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and inter-department staff. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to read, comprehend equipment manuals and blueprints-schematics.
- Ability to understand and follow training in department areas such as SOP’s, Safety, Conduct, etc.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Planning / Organization - Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities/deadlines. Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments in a proactive and constructive manner. Uses time effectively.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions including immediate corrective actions and recommend preventative measures.
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities and customer requirements are covered when absent. Arrives at meetings prepared and on time.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time