Sr Mgr, Field Safety
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Sr. Manager of Field Safety will be responsible for executing corporate injury and incident prevention vision for health and safety across the enterprise, building a compelling case for change needed to influence OpCo management’s commitment to developing a safety culture. Implement the overall Safety process including: Employee Safety and OSHA compliance; Fleet Safety; Environmental Safety through a team of local safety leads. Sr. Manager of Field Safety will have dotted line reporting responsibilities of the lead Safety Managers in the Operating Companies.
- Provide input into the development of the corporate Safety strategy
- Execute corporate safety vision through the implementation & continuous improvement of the SYSCOSafe/Vision Zero process & loss prevention strategies.
- Provide input into the development of standardized safety systems, policies, training, safety campaigns and programs to prevent injury/accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA regulations
- Maintains awareness of potential, pending, and current legislation that may impact safety standards, programs, and initiatives
- Work, when requested to, with OSHA Federal, State officials to resolve any compliance or practice violations.
- Partner with DOT and EPA subject matter experts to ensure market and local support for compliance with Federal, state and local DOT and EPA regulations
- Design safety methods to motivate and influence the creation of a world class safety culture
- Partner with functional leaders to develop a team of high performing EHS professionals at the OpCo level through a team of local safety leads.
- Create a network of internal and external alliances to implement Safety policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, and processes.
- Develop and present corporate, market and site-specific safety training programs.
- Analyze loss trends for accident frequency/severity identifying root cause, develop and direct the implementation of programs targeting loss causes.
- Provide input into the coordination and implementation of Safety process at "fold-out" & new acquisition operations.
- Support corporate crisis management programs
- Provide input into the performance reviews of local safety leads.
- Partner with leadership in hiring of local lead safety professionals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Field Safety.
- Solid knowledge of principles and practices of behavioral safety, OSHA, DOT regulations; business management practices, personnel practices, administrative practices, financial management and budgeting, and related legal responsibilities; principles and practices of supervision, including assigning, evaluating and modifying work; functions and processes of executing programs; content and formatting of reports and presentations.
- Strong knowledge of applicable OSHA and DOT regulatory requirements
- 7+ years of Safety program management experience
- General knowledge of EPA regulatory requirements preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree with major course work in Health and Safety, Risk Management, Business, Supply Chain or a closely related field or equivalent experience. Safety or related professional certifications desirable.
- Strong background in Safety with a proven record of results, having at least 7 years of program management experience.
- Strategic thinking and approach to problem solving
- The ability to lead and provide direction through a dotted line reporting structure with lead Safety Managers.
- Actively drives performance and vehemently strives to strategically solve problems and follow projects through to completion
- Strong leadership and team building skills, able to influence decision makers
- Strong management and employee development skills.
- The ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement programs designed to effectively change behavior and prevent injury
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of senior management, supervision and employees
- Skilled in the use of a variety of PC software, including all Microsoft products.
- A high level of effective inter-personal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall initiatives and program goals.
- The ability to analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult situations and problems
- Works well in a fast paced, change oriented team setting
- Works independently with little direction
- Displays understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for diversity in work environment, to include: socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disabilities and sexual orientation
- Adapts well to and initiates change in the organization
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) or other professionally recognized certifications in the safety, risk management related field are highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, drive and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must be able to travel and drive.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position may be performed from the Corporate office or remotely at a local OpCo.
- Must be able to travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies up to 65% of the time.
- If working remotely from a local OpCo, must have required software to ensure timely communications and have a dedicated work space free of any distractions and participate in conference calls in a business friendly environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time