Vice President Revenue Optimization,
Company: Meat Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
Responsible for strategic development and alignment of processes related to procurement, cost, yield and finished goods cost pricing and margin management. Managing and setting standards for components of margin, including production, market cost, equity or “sales cost”, minimum mark ups, and pricing across all proteins. Coordination and collaboration with Corporate Purchasing teams for enterprise acquisition of product. As a member of the most senior leadership team, this individual works collaboratively with local, regional, and corporate leadership to create and execute best practices with regard to inventory, shrink, leverage when sourcing product and vendors, and intercompany transfer of assets when beneficial to Sysco oveall. The VP of Revenue Optimization is involved with key initiatives and ensuring such initiatives are aligned with business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop best practices for utilization of merchandising resources across SSMG to optimize quality, inventory value, and profitability.
- Align to Corporate supported processes in regard to inventory management, costing, and purchasing with priority to Corporate vendors, branding, and tracking mechanisms.
- Coordinate implementation of consistent merchandising, costing, and margin management practices across the SSMG and lead site management in knowledge of same.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing best practices of communication of markets, inventory valuation relevant to current market conditions, and collaborate with SSMG CFO as to enterprise inventory value and reconciliation.
- Serve as resource to finance and President site leaders for guidance, to include travel to SSMG facilities on a periodic and prioritized basis.
- Establish and oversee implementation and maintenance of good purchasing practices and processes, to ensure that products are consistently handled and meet SSMG specifications. Integral part of vendor reconciliation process and bill backs.
- Participate as part of the SSMG Senior leadership team to develop business strategies, company policy and company direction. Work closely with senior management teams to create launch strategies that define new products or enhancements, their positioning, and impact on the market.
- Set strategies and execute meat/seafood standards that align to customer demands and preferences.
- Provide input and leadership on development of standard organizational structure, pay practices, and leadership development in all procurement and cost area disciplines.
- Establish and leverage relationships with key external to maximize profits and consistency across locations.
- Prepare reports as requested. Develop and disseminate reporting, as necessary, related to cost, margin components, market cost movement, yield, shrink, and sales related margins.
- Work closely with the National Buying office, SSMG Dallas on sourcing and commitments to CMU or National account opportunities.
- Lead representative for meat industry groups, such as NAMI, Texas Meat purveyors, and Poultry processors.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Engineering, Agricultural Science, Meat Science or equivalent.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in meat industry, to include:
- 5 years of experience in meat manufacturing, processing, or distribution company
- 5 years senior leadership in procurement and/or finance.
- Or Extensive Sysco or related Broadline management Operations experience.
- Strong consultative, presentation, and business communication skills
- Strong supplier development and negotiating skills for protein, processed and raw materials.
- Knowledge of SQF, FDA, USDA requirements
- Expertise in meat production processes
- Understanding of foodservice cost and procurement modeling.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with proven ability to effectively work and communicate cross-functionally at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Sysco’s Leadership Framework competencies encpassed by key areas of Core Qualities, Shaping the Future, Developing People, Delivering Business Results
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Six Sygma certification preferred
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time