Company: Buckhead Meat NE Edison
Zip Code: 08837
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
Achieve department and company goals which includes but is not limited to: exemplary customer order fulfillment while managing inventory to the lowest possible DSO, support Company profitability through product cost and equity management, participate and support sales growth strategies, deploy inbound logistic strategies, drive replenishment strategy that contributes warehouse operational efficiencies. Manages inventory to meet sales demands and execute and support corporate category growth initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active member of senior management driving corporate strategy
- Keep abreast of all commodity beef prices and trends and identify opportunities
- Provide training and marketing support
- Establish market pricing for sales consultants
- Identify and develop new product lines
- Achieve planned inventory management Service Level, DSO, and Spoilage goals while maximizing operational efficiencies
- Manage inventory levels according to customer specs (packer, weight, age)
- Daily buying decisions for special order items
- Demonstrate and apply superior analytical ability and computer skills
- Manage shrink and approve credits as needed
- Approve product returns per company policy as required
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years management/professional experience.
- Significant experience within the beef industry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions
- Strong excel skills
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to build high-performing teams & enable a culture of best practices
- Ability to manage conflict and reach quick resolutions with facts and dialogue
- Ability to work cross functionally and build relationships across the organization/enterprise
- Effectively communicate with individuals of different backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and to lead change
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive attitude of identifying and addressing issues as they arise
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- Ability to manage & implement innovative strategies to maximize sales & gross profit potential while driving customer loyalty
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Travel 10%
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time