Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Selector. A Selector selects product to fulfill customer orders while following Preferred Work Methods and company policies. Maintains the warehouse in a safe and sanitary manner. This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The Selector is primarily responsible for
- Operates double pallet jack
- Drives up and down warehouse aisles selecting cases per customer orders
- Builds pallets of product per order instructions
- Shrink wraps pallet and stages on dock for loading
- Completes pre- and post- trip inspections on material handling equipment
- Reports all damages to supervisor immediately
- Operates all Company warehouse equipment in a safe and reliable manner as outlined in the Preferred Work Methods.
- Completes equipment check-list at start and finish of each shift. Reports all equipment failures to supervisor immediately.
- Ensures that warehouse is maintained in a sanitary manner according to Company standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Selector must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 1-3 months related experience or training.
The Selector must be able to:
- Effectively communicate (including reading, writing and speaking) in English.
- Safely lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Forklift operation requires the ability to hear warehouse activity.
- Read at a distance close to the eyes with or without correction.
- Forklift and pallet jack
Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside.Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions.Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, exposure to dust and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time