Contracts and Bids Specialist
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco San Francisco
Zip Code: 94538
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This position is responsible for soliciting and maintaining bids and agreements with current and potential schools, casinos, cruise-lines, corrections, emergency camps, military/government and nonprofit customers, promoting the company’s products and services, building relationships with new customers and managing existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
Sysco San Francisco is located at 5900 Stewart Ave. Fremont, CA 94538
- Account Management: Day to Day contact for Customer: Customer & Order Inquiries; Manage Customers to MDA Compliance; maintain, update and monitor bid pricing and customer agreements; and ensure Customer Satisfaction
- Increase Share of Wallet with Existing Customers via: Market Research, Customer Reporting, Face-time with Customer to identify customer desires/goals, work with specialists/brokers for product ideation
- Leverage Contracts and Bid Coordinators to manage activities
- Sysco 360: utilize the CRM tool for account management, opportunity tracking, task management, logging and maintaining key customer data: contact information, prospective customer, wins, promotions, future business reviews, etc.
- Ongoing Training: Customer Digital Experience, My Sysco Reporting, My Sysco Truck, Sysco360
- 1 year prior outside foodservice sales or B2B experience
- Strong Excel skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts preferred
- Preferred 2+ years prior foodservice sales, B2B experience, restaurant management or culinary background
Education and / or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to sell
- Ability to multi task
- Familiarity with customer service activities and interdepartmental and cross-departmental communications
- Effectively present information
- Problem solver
- Knowledge of MS Office
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company insurability standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time