Contracts and Bids Manager
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco San Francisco
Zip Code: 94538
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Responsible to solicit and maintain bids and agreements with current and potential customers. Also to manage prices and data to assist the company in maximizing its profitability.
Sysco San Francisco is located at 5900 Stewart Ave - Fremont, CA 94538
- Responsible for approving all bids prior to submission to customer
- Manages performance of bids that have been awarded
- Responsible for soliciting account business when needed
- Ensures compliance with appropriate documentation at established business.
- Solicits new business in the market.
- Ensures accurate and timely profit Performa on new business prospects.
- Oversees the solicitation and maintenance of vendor deals for nonprofit and school applications.
- Maintain, update and monitor; bid pricing and customer agreements, vendor tracking, daily sales audits to assure correct pricing and profitability, customer OIC forms to assure proper Sysco uniform product codes, customer specifications and sales mix, account trial balance.
- Ensures that correspondence between Sysco and our customers is positive and effective
- Responsible for overseeing the scripting of orders for schools on a weekly basis, as well as keying any customer orders as needed.
- Ensures that orders are reviewed for out of stock issues and substitute items
- Works closely with all departments via appropriate communication
- Ensures Merchandising is communicated to assure proper turns of proprietary items inventory and advance warning of unusual usage.
- Promotes Sysco Brand through customer food shows, product cuttings, etc.
- Attends all Sysco Tech classes and Sales Meetings.
- Ensures a consistent AR is maintained for all bid accounts
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and / or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Bid Specialist and or related experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills and experience working with customers.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets Company minimum standards
- Must maintain current automobile insurance with the following limits Bodily injury $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage of $100,000
- Must be willing to sign a Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement
- Strong Excel skill required
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to express information in terms of profit and loss, food cost and expense ratio through verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Proficient at conducting research on the internet.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to prioritize, multi task, and shift priorities as necessary
- Proactive and self-directed, yet able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Shows initiative and asks for and offers help when needed
- Accurate and thorough; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate all the Leadership Framework competencies for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- This position may require travel through various mean of transportation which may result in long periods of sitting.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position works in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require occasional overtime.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time