Director of Operations
Company: Trinity Seafood
Zip Code: 08701
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 10 +
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Responsible for overseeing and managing the operation departments including production, delivery, warehouse, and building maintenance, fleet maintenance, grounds maintenance, and personnel assigned to those areas. Ensures the successful execution of organizational vision, business strategy, achieving performance key metrics and profitability; compliance with government regulations; safety and security and staff development and engagement.
- Responsible for overall leadership, development, engagement, management and integration of all assigned departments.
- Oversees cost management including labor (OT, Scheduling), supplies, capital investments, depreciation, maintenance and repair, and third party contracts.
- Adjusts activities to meet or exceed performance expectations. Coordinates with other departments as necessary.
- Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of goals.
- Analyzes growth of Operating Company against facility size to maintain proper storage, receiving, and shipping capabilities for present and future business.
- Ensure delivery departure goals are met.
- Strategize on how to accommodate company growth.
- Champions’ efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within areas of responsibility.
- Maintains a high level of efficiency and professionalism throughout the operations
- Must maintain an accurate awareness of all inventory levels and to address challenges related to environment, internal operations, procedures, regulatory challenges and compliance with all laws.
- Be a forward/long term thinker in order to facilitate solutions to issue and growth..
- Develop a team spirit and create a healthy and prosperous environment for valued employees.
- Ensure that all operations adhere to the time and temperature requirements, transport and processing of our product.
- Continually display and maintain an open mind and good listening skills with a common sense approach to problem solving.
- Responsible for building and maintaining good customer/supplier relationships and ensuring that all team members show the respect and appreciation for the business and service they provide as partners to our success.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
- Ensures compliance with all with local, state, federal and provincial regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, FDA, USDA, etc.); with food safety policies, protocols and requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University and/or 10+ years related experience and extensive knowledge in the Seafood Industry
- 10+ years’ experience managing/coaching/developing a diverse workforce
- Strong Knowledge of Inventory Management (10+ years’ experience)
- Experience with negotiating with outside contractors
- Experience with maintaining facilities and equipment
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Sheila Santangelo at 732-276-4765
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time