Senior Data Scientist - Revenue Management
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77375
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The Senior Data Scientist will serve as a lead role in the execution of advanced analytics solutions. Supporting the Director of Revenue Management Insights, the Senior Data Scientist will serve as a hands-on leader, expected to set team standards for development and deployment, enforcing best practices, and drive the development of scalable solutions that take advantage of the full power of analytics tools at Sysco.
In this role, the Senior Data Scientist will be expected to partner with BT and BI partners to influence technology decisions, personally acquire the necessary skills to put these technologies to use, and develop the necessary capabilities across the team to support team-wide deployment of these technologies. In addition, someone in this role will be expected to serve as a subject matter expert and support the needs of the Revenue Management and broader Sales Development Support teams.
This role will also be expected to serve as a mentor to other data professionals in the broader Revenue Management organization, again setting the standard of performance and capability across the range of analytics tools available to the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of advanced pricing and cost analytics to support Sysco’s broader sales strategy; Provide hands-on guidance on the development, design and deployment of advanced analytics applications for more junior team members.
- Direct and review both statistical and machine learning-based analysis, with proven experience deploying such methods to drive business value through the manipulation, influence or governance of different elements of the pricing waterfall.
- Identify emerging data science and analytics methods/technologies both within and outside of Sysco; establishing their value to ongoing and potential revenue management applications at Sysco; and developing the necessary skills in order to leverage them effectively.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to understand business requirements, and support the Director of Revenue Management Insights in tying these requirements to the broader context of the team.
- Serve as a lead point of contact with Business Technology (BT) and Business Intelligence (BI) departments to understand how to best leverage technologies for specific technical use cases.
- Support the development of business cases for new solutions with in-depth analysis of the challenge being addressed, the cost of the solution and its projected business impact
- Support the development of performance management scorecards and dashboards to monitor adoption, implementation and impact of pricing strategies.
- Develops, maintains, and educates team and organization on best practices in data analytics concepts, with particular focus to modeling, execution and communication.
- Able to effectively manage complex initiatives, proactively identifying technology needs and business challenges.
- Takes the initiative to suggest and implement ongoing improvements in the deployment of analytics across team, leverage learnings to improve execution standards
- Experience mentoring less experience data scientists; able to influence and guide highly skilled individuals
- Can manage multiple work streams with competing timelines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize work efforts based on business impact
- Able to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, partners, and colleagues across the enterprise
- Flexible/adaptable and willing to embrace change
- Experience in developing a structured framework for using analytics to answer or solve business questions or problems.
- Experience navigating complex data environments, identifying relevant data sets and providing guidance where additional data must be acquired
- Proven ability to perform analysis on large data sets, leveraging technologies to do so at scale.
- Ability to map business processes, actions and interactions to appropriate data elements, understanding underlying behavioral drivers, how they manifest themselves in data, and how to use said data to inform mathematical models.
- Ability to translate complex data analysis into actionable business insights to support and drive decisions
- Must be able to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively to understand the root of a given business question, and determine how to use data and analytics to formulate an answer.
- Intellectually curious, open to new ideas, hypothesis-driven, and fact-based
- Methodical, hands-on, and resourceful with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Able to work in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate complex messages to Revenue Management leadership; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Ability to adapt to different management, communication, and delivery styles (as needed) for different situations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power-point and its capabilities and functionality as an effective communication medium
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s with a heavily quantitative focus, e.g., Computer Science, Operations Research, Applied Math, Engineering, Statistics. Master’s or PhD preferred.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s/PhD degree with a focus on a quantitative research and 5+ years of non-academic experience; or equivalent experience in a R&D environment.
- Proven capabilities executing multiple concurrent analytics efforts in a project-based environment for a wide range of applications in a corporate/production scale.
- 5+ years of experience accessing and manipulating data in SQL or NoSQL database environments
- 5+ years of experience with scientific scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, SAS) and/or object oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java)
- 4+ years of experience with supervised learning; experience with ensemble/boosting models preferred.
- Experience working in cloud environment required (e.g., AWS Redshift); experience leveraging big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop) preferred.
- Proven experience developing and deploying reporting solutions, both through standard reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, Salesforce), and through home-grown tools leveraging open source technologies (e.g., email distribution, Shiny)
- 3+ years of experience automating the deployment of analytics solutions, turning proof-of-concept work into seamlessly executed projects.
- Experience establishing best development practices across a data science team
- Experience developing and delivering training on data science concepts; experience building capabilities across team.
- This position will be headquartered at the Corporate facility in Houston Texas
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Sysco offers excellent benefits including PPO Insurance, 401k Plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Product Purchase Discounts, and much more!
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time