Company: Buckhead Meat of North Carolina
Zip Code: 28217
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with inbound and outbound warehousing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, management and direction to warehouse staff, compliance with government regulations and safety and security of the warehouse department.
- Manages the daily work and safety of Warehouse Supervisors (when span warrants Supervisors) or Warehouse Associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Ensures the use and updating of productivity and warehouse software systems.
- Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Supervises the proper selection utilization of Company assets in support of the Warehouse department. Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget, maximizing time and cost efficiencies. Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, performance, record keeping, etc.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. EPA, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that recordkeeping are kept current and accurate.
- Reviews warehouse functions and productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with implementation of changes.
- Coordinates efforts with Safety function to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Communicates with Sales Management and Transportation Management to collaboratively resolve any customer, delivery or selection opportunities or issues. difficulty
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Two or Four year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
3+ years related experience
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments, operating companies and Corporate in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and customer service issues.
- Demonstrates skill in making independent decisions in support of company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs. Must have excellent computer skills.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time