Credit TRX Associate
Company: Metropolitan Meat, Seafood, and Poultry
Zip Code: 20785
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
This Finance position is responsible for facilitating the collection of assigned accounts receivable. The position is directly responsible for the investigation and collection of delinquent accounts.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Ensure payments are entered into the AR system as soon as they are ready and post them between 1-2 days as soon as checks are ready.
- Print checks in a timely manner based on payment cadence (currently Monday and Wednesday.)
- Set up new accounts within 3 days.
- Maintain credit files
- Associate Degree or related quantitative background.
- Minimum 1 year in credit/collections or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic financial analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft office and receivable management systems
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills - Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Demonstrates knowledge of market, competition, products and industry trends.
- Cost Consciousness - Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market, competition, customer and company product needs.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily an in-office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time