Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Albany
Zip Code: 12065
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
This Operating Company (OpCo) based position will assist with the implementation of a prevention-focused health, safety and environmental (HSE) and security program. The position will assist and promote OpCo- specific project implementation and training to support Sysco’s overall HSE objectives, including security and crisis preparedness objectives.
- Complete new hire orientation training progams as assigned by Safety Director.
- Maintain records for safety programs (ie training logs, reports, inspections)
- Implement and train new or existing training programs, provided by Safety Director, to employees and supervision as needed.
- Inspect facilities to detect existing or potential unsafe conditions
- Participates in investigations, when needed, on vehicle accidents and injuries. Assist with identification of root causes and helps supervision develop corrective actions when needed.
- Engages associates to properly follow work methods in their daily job functions.
- Completes observations and coaching of high risk associates as needed
- Monitors inspection of equipment to detect existing or potential failures and recommends corrective/preventative measures where indicated.
- Support site management in the implementation of HSE plans
- Promotes a workplace that is a proactive safety culture
- Provide supervisor and management training on root cause analysis
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and State/Local Regulators) in the Safety Directors absence.
- Assists with the completion of a company-wide annual HSE training plan
- Develop effective interdepartmental relationships
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change member
- Promote zero incident HSE culture throughout the company
- Support execution of Sysco’s Emergency Preparedness Plan procedures and policies
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures
- Maintains associate relations through regular interactions and communication, monitors associate morale and provides feedback to leadership when needed.
- Associate’s Degree and/or a minimum two years of safety experience with OSHA certifications
- Two or more years with direct hands on safety experience in a warehousing, manufacturing or transportation operation
- Two or more years experience with Occupational Safety preferred
- Experience in warehouse, transportation, production or industrial environment
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Has attained or is working toward certification in safety as a recognized safety professional
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and drive to conduct driver observations. The employee is occasionally required to, drive, stoop, bend, climb, lift up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time