Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently have an opening for a SWMS Coordinator. This position is primarily responsible for understanding and seeking continuous improvement of warehouse flow by the use of warehouse/operations information systems including but not limited to, Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS), slot optimization, and Business Objects.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
- Providing and developing reports, combining information produced by various systems into a consolidated format in order to analyze, identify, and propose actions in an effort to increase the effectiveness of the operations department. i.e. TI-HI analysis with Business Objects report.
- Performing ongoing slot maintenance including verifying items are set up in SWMS correctly and verifying shelf-life.
- Implementing and maintaining SWMS rack labels.
- Ensuring all pallets are scanned.
- Auditing put-awayss and replenishments for accuracy and completion.
- Performs other warehouse/slot duties as assigned.
- HSD or equivalent required. Associates degree in relevant field is preferred.
- 2 years general warehousing experience required. Sysco experience preferred.
- Pallet jack and forklift licenses or experience preferred
- Ability to operate RF Units
- Ability to operate a computer, all Microsoft Office applications, and AS400.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. often and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to work in both ambient and freezer temperatures.
- Ability to read and speak English.
The work load can vary significantly. Associates in this role must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times.
****Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, material handling equipment and exposure to dust.
**** Activities occur both inside (protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold during freezer work and extreme heat due to seasonal outside conditions. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, exposure to dust, electrical current and working in high places.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time