Company: Central Seafood
Zip Code: 32822
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Responsible for the leadership of the department managers within the processing facility including Cut, Prep, Packaging and Warehouse. In order to stay involved, requires a good understanding of the departments needs such as Systems, Staffing and Equipment. Other areas of responsibility are Food safety, Employee safety, Fielding employee and customer complaints and Ensuring High quality cuts at the highest possible yield along with maximizing pounds per man hour.
- Responsible for managing plant production and working with management to ensure continual operational improvement of efficiencies and effectiveness of the company. Coordinate with all departments within the organization to establish and carry out operational challenges.
- Direct, monitor and appraise the performance of all areas immediately reporting and provide direction on areas of concern or new tasks. Maintain qualified personnel in positions that report directly and recommend compensation for all production employees.
- Participates as part of the management team to develop business strategies, company policy and company direction.
- Provide input and leadership on decision making issues, review and approve costs in labor, equipment, supplies and other areas as they relate to the overall operation.
- Work with Customers, Sales, and Merchandising functions on product development and building seafood knowledge. Assist with customer and field sales inquiries to offer solutions to resolve problems.
- Provide analysis to president as requested.
Minimum Required: Bachelor’s preferred
Minimum required: Four years seafood processing background
Minimum required: Leadership skills, 5 years
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time