Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Developer II, Business Intelligence will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying applications, reporting, and analytical solutions through proprietary AWS hosted SQL application. They will collaborate with product teams to understand new application and reporting requests and ensure solutions developed meet business needs. This position will also be responsible for daily support activities to ensure information is available and accessible for our business community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Highly proficient in SQL development, including stored procedures and ETL scripting
- Utilize application development tools for SQL server, IIS, Visual Studio, HTML5, and AngualrJS.
- Hands on with web stack, from database to backend to frontend to cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Maintain source code repository in Gitlab for applications and reports.
- Provide development estimates and prepare technical documentation.
- Design and develop solutions according to BI standards and principles.
- Perform development quality checks and share ideas for improvement.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings to share status updates and raise issues/risks.
- Automate and document test cases as part of the development process.
- Collaborate with product teams to develop a strong understanding of business process and requirements.
- Knowledgeable in Agile methodologies and comfortable working in a fast pace agile environment.
- Escalate project risks/issues as appropriate to the Manager
- Responsible for resolving and troubleshooting defects within the assigned product area(s) as necessary.
- Participate in product and technical solution reviews with management staff, developers, architects, and cloud engineers.
- Collaborate with cross-team Functional Analysts to build knowledge within the team.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by leadership team.
- Follow and champion all Sysco policies and procedures.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of full stack development experience.
- 10 years of relevant and progressive experience in lieu of the BS degree
- Agile methodology experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Background in designing and developing full stack applications and reporting solutions.
- Demonstrated skill sets in at least one or more highlevel programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++), and web framework (e.g. AngularJS, NodeJS) technology.
- Proficient in at least one business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, BusinessObjects).
- Experience working in a fast paced agile environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of change control and release management processes.
- Ability to create technical documentation for the designated product area.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to research, identify and communicate the root cause of issues.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment; collaborate with supporting teams to achieve goals and ensure solutions are not siloed.
- Team player with high attention to detail; able to quickly react to changes in business needs.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Highly motivated to accomplish desired goals and outcomes and requires little or no supervision or direction to achieve them.
- Proven ability to identify, focus on, and own high priority issues and tasks.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; manages time well.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver against deadlines and produce high quality results (accuracy, thoroughness in the deliverables they are producing).
- Ability to work in a group setting or independently.
- Self-motivated and ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including preparing for and conducting presentations for both large and small audiences.
- Strive to increase knowledge in Sysco business functions as well as technical knowledge.
- Working knowledge of the Remedy ticketing software or software providing similar functionality to resolve incidents.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position can be performed from the corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time