Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Las Vegas
Location: US-NV-Las Vegas
Zip Code: 89115
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Hours: 6AM to 2:30PM
This is a Finance position responsible for monitoring the quality of perishable products in the warehouse on an ongoing basis, inputting orders through data entry while performing extensive customer service duties, and performing other related duties as required. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing duties directly related to the general operation of produce quality control.
- Check product in slots on a daily basis to make certain product that is set up for shipping is up to acceptable standards
- Communicate with buyers all quality issues and assists them in resolving them to ensure the customer receives the highest quality products possible
- Ensure products are being rotated properly during daily slot checking, and communicate any problems with rotation to the stockers and/or supervisors responsible
- Monitor variance reports for accurate accounting of spoilage, warehouse damage, truck damage, etc.
- Greet all internal and external customers in a friendly and efficient manner in order to ensure that proper customer service is maintained and customer satisfaction and organizational efficiency are enhanced
- Inspect in-bound freight, warehoused product, and/or outbound product and document product condition
- Communicate regularly with necessary parties on the company’s status on product quality
- Analyze, identify, and propose action to the solution of problems associated with Quality Assurance
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies
- Take on other duties as assigned by Manager
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Education and / or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time