Band Saw Operator
Company: Buckhead Meat of Houston
Zip Code: 77038
Minimum Level of Education: Not Applicable
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
Buckhead Meat Houston
This is a production position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean, trim, slice, section and weigh meats.
- Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
- Use knives, and saw to perform meat cutting and trimming. Properly clean, store and maintain all knives, scales, etc. assigned.
- Accurately cut to trim and yield specifications as specified by information provided by cut tickets.
- Required to follow all GMP's and Safety Regulations.
- Provide communication to supervisor of any discrepancies between cutting tickets and normal customer purchases.
- Achieve product yields and meet deadlines for product readiness.
- Able to keep up with machine only with certain products, count pieces and put them and identify product.
- Cut pieces accurately weight, and separate meat into specified lugs. Move the gondolas when full of meat.
- Responsible for working until relieved by supervisor/ manager. This may require working longer than schedule work hours.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for Food Safety (temperature, HACCP. sanitation, sanitary conditions, foreign object control and allergens).
- Responsible for Food Quality (specifications, grade, portion size, trim levels, texture, color and age).
- Prior experience with portion cutting (meat, vegetables, etc.)
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and conversions to determine amounts and sizes of products needed for orders.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills.
- Strong understading of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times.
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift fup to 60 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisitn gwhen loading conveyog and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas of 30 degrees. These areas are cold and wet, and exposure to moving machinery and sharp objects are a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area. Must pass a company drug test and background.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time