Driver - Class B or D
Company: Trinity Seafood
Zip Code: 08701
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Efficiently delivers product to customers, process paperwork accurately, adhere to DOT safety standards and provide professional customer service. Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing product, pulling orders and performing other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows.
- Load and unload product from warehouse, trailers, by hand or using hand cart, and place in truck or designated customer storage areas.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Contact management for authorization when there are discrepancies on invoices and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Trinity policies and procedures.
- Complete company vehicle maintenance reports
- Maintain sanitary conditions in vehicle and assist with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard.
- Maintain and safely operate company vehicle as well as all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Ensures that all vehicles are cleaned out properly and the end of each shift
- Takes multiple routes per day depending on volume and client demands
- Follow FDA requirements for handling and delivering of Fresh/Frozen Seafood
- Assist in loading, unloading Company Vehicles.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
- At least one year route delivery/distribution experience required driving a straight truck or van
- Knowledge of the geographical area preferred
- Experience in handling money
- Experience handling vehicle in snow condition is preferred
- A valid clean Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B or D
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Standing for extended periods of time, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, and walking. The work environment is cold (between the 35-45 degrees) and fast paced.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 to 80 lbs, continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead. Must have the ability to speak clearly and to hear audible warning signals, ie... backup alarms, horns, and buzzers.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination per the requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOT) and work in accordance with state and DOT regulations and Sysco Safety Preferred Work Methods.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Sheila Santangelo at 732-276-4765
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time