Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Las Vegas
Location: US-NV-Las Vegas
Zip Code: 89115
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for overall compliance activities for the local finance team, managing key compliance processes and supervising associates who maintain accurate perpetual inventory records that properly reflect on-hand stock levels available for sale, for safeguarding the Company’s inventory variances, and for identifying areas of improvement which would enhance service levels to our customers. In addition, oversees the Driver Check-In, Quality Assurance, Will Call & Cashier functions. This position is also responsible for administering the Product Recall function and HACCP compliance.
- Control and review day-to-day operations of Finance/Accounting Department, Operations and Sales
- Recommend necessary actions to correct those identified
- Consistently provide comprehensive audits of internal company operations
- Sales tax audits and licensing
- Supervise existing Inventory Control function
- Manage annual and ongoing self-assessment function and oversees continuous review of internal processes to ensure compliance
- Annual self-assessment
- Internal audit
- Annual system access audit
- Compliance follow-up activities (i.e. DOT compliance, HAZMAT compliance)
- Key processes review to reduce risk
- FAMM compliance
- SBS Finance/internal audit/Compliance
- Account reconciliations review and approval
- Participate in the recruiting, training, and performance management and development of finance associates
- MBA/CPA and preferred
- Prior managerial experience preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or Economics required
- At least 5 years combination of financial analyst and/or accounting experience required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must be properly trained and licensed in the operation of powered industrial equipment as appropriate upon hire
- HACCP Certification required upon hire
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time