Mgr, Program Quality - Poultry Products
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: BSCC Corporate
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY: Perform product evaluations and plant/facility inspections to ensure suppliers and products are in compliance with Sysco specifications and program requirements. Responsible for ensuring the maintenance of and/or development of detailed technical specifications for covered product category programs. Work with Sysco Merchandising Services (SMS) Poultry staff, Category Management (CatMan)/Sourcing staff and Sysco Operating Companies (OPCOs) to develop and improve new and existing Sysco-branded programs.
ESSENTIAL & OCCASIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Product and packaging evaluations of Sysco brand & packer brand poultry products.
- Manage Quality Assurance sourcing processes and procedures to ensure compliance of all awarded suppliers and sourced products to master specifications and source award criteria related to quality and food safety.
- Conduct initial plant audits of potential Sysco branded poultry suppliers to assess their ability to meet Sysco requirements for food safety & quality. Issue concise verbal and written reports relative to observations and recommendations to Sysco QA, SMS, CatMan, and supplier personnel.
- Review independent (third party) plant audit reports of approved Sysco brand suppliers, providing timely response and direction to Sysco Quality Assurance, SMS, CatMan, and suppliers.
- Conduct plant audits (second party) of approved Sysco Brand poultry suppliers, including evaluations of Sysco brand products with follow-up recommendations to suppliers and Sysco Corporation.
- Capture, document, and report on supplier performance criteria.
- Initiate, create, or update product specifications for Sysco poultry products.
- Provide formal verbal/written communications to SMS, CatMan, Sysco suppliers, OPCOs, and suppliers that document product evaluation results.
- Participate in the development of potential new products for Sysco brand poultry programs. Assist in product evaluations and packaging development/review processes.
- Respond to OPCO needs for product information and investigate complaints on Sysco brand poultry products, including formal documentation.
- Implement and manage programs that help ensure food safety and product quality/consistency.
- Monitor websites/publications to identify food safety, regulatory changes, alerts, or actions by regulatory agencies.
- Domestic and Canadian travel is required. Travel may be required up to five (5) days per week. Travel after normal work hours and/or weekend days may be required.
- Develop annual and quarterly objectives according to Coaching & Maximizing Performance (CMP) plan; travel to current/potential Sysco brand suppliers and/or co-packers, prioritize projects, correspondence, and specification development.
OCCASIONAL/MARGINAL JOB DUTIES:
Provide support, when necessary, in product evaluations, routine supplier visits and communication to other QA staff members in the event of a product complaint or food safety issue.
Complete any other essential job functions as assigned by supervisor.
Participate in corporate Quality Assurance meetings/functions.
Interfaces with SMS and CatMan, & OPCO personnel, and suppliers at all levels.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PAACO (Professional Animal Auditor Certification Organization) certification for poultry will be required upon hire if not already certified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Food Science, or Biological Science from a four-year college or university is required. Three to five years of experience in quality assurance, quality control, R&D research and development, production, or operations of a poultry manufacturing facility is required.
Formal job training in TQM principles, SPC, HACCP concepts, USDA/FDA regulations would be beneficial. Formal sensory analysis training would be helpful. Ability to speak multiple languages is preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to use lab equipment, food preparation equipment, personal computer and office communications equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. At times, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Plant audits and inspections may require lifting of products up to 60 pounds and working in a production environment around moving machinery, and visual inspection. Corrected vision required for sensory analysis to identify color, clarity. Warehouse and plant audits also require close-up and distance visual capabilities to judge GMPs, as well as peripheral vision and depth perception mandatory for safety.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold/heat, and risk of radiation from X-ray equipment. Plant audits/inspections expose employee to both moderate and loud noise levels.
Sysco offers excellent benefits including PPO Insurance, 401k Plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Product Purchase Discounts, and much more! Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time