Company: FreshPoint Dallas
Zip Code: 75224
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Travel Percentage: 0
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Safety Manager interacts with Corporate Safety and Operating Company Management to manage compliance with company policies and procedures to maintain a safe workplace for the Operating Company. Administers and monitors policies relating to all phases of Safety activities by performing the following duties personally or with the assistance of Operating Company management.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Proficiency in all MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- Experience managing records, files and sensitive data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, demonstrated ethical behavior and integrity and sound, logical judgment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) very strongly preferred
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong working knowledge of laws affecting workplace safety (e.g. OSHA, DOT)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school degree required; bachelor degree in related field strongly preferred
- ARM/CSP preferred
- 5+ Years Safety Management in a warehouse/distribution/production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for personal professional development using company and external resources.
- Develop and train associates in safety programs to maintain COMPANY safety standards and compliance with federal or state regulations.
- Ensure compliance of Company’s Safety Program.
- Implement policies, plans and procedures required by OSHA.
- Ensure safety enforcement by department managers.
- Coordinate monthly Safety Committee and Steering Committee meetings and Operating Company safety inspections of work areas and follow-up to ensure deficiencies are corrected.
- Utilize investigating procedures, medical counseling, associate communications and money management strategies to minimize lost time and work-related injury and auto liability costs
- Coordinate industrial hygiene and ergonomic studies and implement solutions to identified problem areas.
- Manage the process of keeping current all Operating Company written safety information, plans, programs, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain all OSHA and DOT (driver qualification files) documentation and incident/accident/injury reports.
- Develop and implement safety standard operating procedures and Job Safety Analysis for all Operating Company departments.
- Understand COMPANY processes, equipment and facilities as they apply to safety issues.
- Perform all administrative duties for department.
- Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
- Weekends and Overtime may be required.
- Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies, Code of Conduct and Safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact their supervisor or the human resources department if they believe that an accommodation is needed.
- Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
- Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 55 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
- Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
- Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time