Company: Buckhead Meat & Seafood of Ohio
Zip Code: 43619
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
The FSQA Technician is responsible for daily monitoring of the HACCP program, food safety and defense programs and Quality programs. FSQA Technicians are responsible for performing multiple analyses on raw materials, work in progress and finished product to insure compliance with company and customer specifications. They are responsible for checking a proportionate sample of the day’s production and recording the results of these inspections. This position will be responsible for communicating with department managers when non-conformance occurs and ensuring proper product disposition.
Employees receive a copy of Malcolm Meats organizational reporting structure at the time of hire. It is also posted in the break room.
DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products. Each employee is responsible for reporting food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action (managers, supervisors, QA).
- Perform HACCP monitoring and verification activities in the Raw Not Ground and Raw Ground process categories daily.
- Ensures that GMPs are followed.
- Measure quantifiable attributes of the product (weight, tail length, tenderloin diameter, etc.) as well as make subjective decisions on the general appearance of the product.
- Record results of product inspections on appropriate logs.
- Determine product non-conformance and determine, through communication with department managers and supervisors, the appropriate disposition for non-conforming products.
- Documentation of SOP monitoring conformance.
- Monitor food safety and defense programs including:
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- Metal Detection
- Pest Control
- Chemical Control
- Pre-Operational and Operational Sanitation
- Food Defense
- Assist QA Manager/Supervisor in employee training
- Assist QA Manager/Supervisor in Recall and Traceability Programs
- Complete other duties as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- To understand and know the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- To help develop and follow all safe work practices.
- To give a written report of unsafe conditions or unsafe acts to management.
- To report all accidents, injuries or illness to managers/supervisors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIIRONMENT
Physical strength to lift and maneuver 50-60 pounds. Standing, stooping and climbing are regular activities for this employee. Employee must have the ability to negotiate throughout the production and warehouse areas unassisted without disrupting regular production and warehousing activities. Normal levels of eyesight and hearing after correction. Color vision is required. The ability to touch, feel, manipulate fingers and limbs to operate various processing and material handling equipment is necessary. The ability to smell is required, in order to detect levels of wholesomeness and spoilage.
This position requires the candidate to be in refrigerated processing and warehouse areas. These areas are cold and wet and exposure to moving machinery and sharp surfaces area a regular occurrence. This is a high noise area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply at careers.sysco.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time