Company: Buckhead Meat of Atlanta
Location: US-GA-College Park
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: Associate's degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
The Merchandiser is valuable team member responsible for contributing to the effort of growing profitable sales through superior service to Marketing and Sales Associates as well as Customers by providing support to both Buckhead Beef and Regional OpCo in a positive, proactive and timely manner on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily/Weekly Maintenance of product categories with a primary focus on sales growth through existing and new product line development
- Maintain/Reduce shrink through proper aging and rotation
- Create and distribute merchandising reports on a weekly basis
- Act as liaison with other departments
- Support other merchandising staff
- General administrative duties including but not limited to PO entry and price book maintenance
- Data Maintenance
- Organize and facilitate new item and vendor set up and maintenance
- Create and maintain charts
- Maintain proprietary items
- Facilitate depletion of excess and obsolete inventory
- Sales Support
- Coordinate with the sales department the processes of gaining new business (i.e., new large accounts and chain business)
- Primary contact for the vendor community relating to assigned categories
- Facilitate sample process
- Constant accesability and quick response time
- Category/Product Development and Research and Development
- Identify slow moving product lines and develop a merchandising strategy to relaunch or replace.
- Work closely with the sales team and customer base to identify new produt opportunities and develop a merchandising strategy to bring the product(s) to market.
Focus on private labeling and co-branding opportunities with products that are superior to or equal to the industry standard
- so as to generate an added degree of customer loyalty based on product performance and quality. Create internal sales excitement and growth through marketing and merchandising all newly developed product lines. Continually monitor sales efforts to ensure positive growth. Target continued growth into operating companies as well as other specialty meat companies.
- Culinary Center Responsibilities
- Continued support during transition period.
- Continue to use the culinary center as a test and launch opportunity for both product development as well as customer support with all product categories to facilitate product and sales growth.
- Continue to lead and train other staff during customer tours
- Hands on involvement may be required for Key customer or VIP visits but will be scheduled with advance notice to allow for adequate planning.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree required or an equivalent combination of education and Sysco merchandising, pricing and/or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and foodservice industry experience.
- Ability to work effectively and systematically
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Travel is required to meet with customers. Must maintain a valid driver’s license meeting company expectations. Must have reliable transportation with designated liability insurance coverage per Company requirements. Must complete a Sysco approved defensive driving course.
- NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time