Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Location: US-FL-Plant City
Zip Code: 33566
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Inventory management for all assigned items, suppliers and/or categories to provide efficient inventory levels for customers.
- Complete item set-up in SUS and EIC for all small wares & equipment and in EIC only for all other items
- Determine proper order quantities and arrival timing.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers and maintain accurate pricing for all items purchased.
- Maintain minimum service level of at least 98%.
- Maintain overall inventory days on hand at or below prescribed level.
- Prevent and reduce overstock conditions, slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Process damaged and spoiled product returns to suppliers.
- Work closely with Logistics to identify and achieve freight consolidation and revenue generation.
- Communicate closely with suppliers to help ensure operational efficiency and profitability.
- Maintain accurate and detailed supplier information, such as shipping addresses, notes, contacts, and freight rates.
- Partner with Director of Merchandising and Merchandising to identify and execute buy- in opportunities to achieve market gains.
- Analyze supplier sales and purchase history to ensure purchases are executed at proper brackets.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
JOB DESCRIPTION (continued) - BUYER
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma plus 1 year merchandising/buying experience required, preferably in perishables or dairy. Bachelor’s degree preferable.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Approximately 1/3 of the day involves key entry on the PC. Must be able to communicate clearly with suppliers, Market Managers and operations. Must be able to deal with high-pressure, time-sensitive situations.
Must be able to read at distances close to the eyes, with or without correction.
Most of the day is spent in a comfortable office environment. Occasional travel may be required by air and/or personal vehicle.
Automobile, Personal Computer, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point, fax, A/S 400 Computer system, cell phone, scanner, SUS.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES REQUIRED
Valid driver’s license and certificate of auto insurance as defined in Company Policy.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time