Company: Sysco International Food Group, Inc.
Zip Code: 32209
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 0-1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embody Sysco. Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
As the export specialty division of Sysco, Sysco International Food Group, Inc. delivers the product selection, expertise, service and capabilities of the global leader in food service to the world. Every day, over 30 US based restaurant chains ranging from fine dining to quick service all rely on Sysco IFG to deliver their brand and unique customer experience to consumers in over 90 countries.
We currently looking at qualified candidates for an opportunity in the position of Loader. This position is responsible for loading product on containers as needed while following Preferred Work Methods and company policies. They must consolidate pallets when needed, shrink wrap pallets, and load all product into allotted sections of the container.
This terrific opportunity is located at Sysco IFG's facility in Jacksonville, FL.
The Loader is primarily responsible for
- Accurately loading containers
- Verifying proper temperature of container/trailer for refrigerated loads.
- Takes photos of all stages of container loading, including photos to verify refrigerated containers are within temp prior to loading and at conclusion of loading.
- Cleaning and assisting in cleanliness of warehouse.
- Assisting outside carriers with backing in to dock doors.
- Other Operations duties as assigned.
The Loader must have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, 6 months of general warehousing experience preferred, previous experience with a stand up forklift, floor scrubber, battery changer, RF unit or pallet jack preferred.
The Loader must be able to:
- Work both in ambient and freezer temperatures.
- Work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift
- Work weekends and/or nights as needed.
- Safely lift 50 lbs. frequently and up to 80 lbs. occasionally.
- Effectively communicate (including reading, writing, and speaking) in English.
Work load can vary significantly. Associates in this department must have the flexibility to work shifts that may include long hours and have varying shift start and end times.
****Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time