Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Service Representative
Company: Newport Meat Northern California
Zip Code: 94536
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Newport Meat Northern California
This is a position that is responsible for processing orders, providing product knowledge and handling customer needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Make calls and enter orders to established customer base.
- Upsale customers on products, inform customers on specials, and stay in communication with the sales reps on the customer orders.
- Answer phones and route calls appropriately.
- Take and process customer orders, to include pricing and not enough on hand.
- Communicate with Drivers on any customer delivery issues (short on truck, over on truck, wrong item or wrong pricing).
- Communicate with the Sales staff on not enough on hand.
- Generate and distribute price letters.
- Complete documentation and processing for sample requests and special orders.
- Assist others within department based on business needs.
- Handle distribution of mail, key in credit apps, and filing.
- Assume responsibility for additional tasks as requested.
- Must be able to work in refrigerated environment of 32 degrees for a couple hours each shift
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at once. High energy level.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. When talking, possesses “A smile” in their voice.
- Customer-Service Oriented. Ability to handle customer concerns and requests.
- Detail-Oriented. Strong focus on accuracy of work.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with others. Strong team player.
- Capable of adjusting to sudden changes in customer demands.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and carry out instructions in English.
- Understanding of basic mathematical principles.
- High school diploma required
- 1 year of experience in customer service preferred
- Knowledge of office systems to include computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, printers and copy machines.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Computerized Data Entry skills (50 wpm)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time