The SYGMA Network, Portland, OR
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA Portland is looking for talented people to join our team!
This is a Delivery Driver position responsible for safely and efficiently transporting product from the warehouse to various customers and properly unloading the product via ramp and dolly according to customer invoices. Work is medium to heavy in nature. Half the day is spent driving a tractor/trailer unit. Must be able to climb into trailer, lift 50 lb. boxes frequently, lift up to 75 lb. boxes occasionally, and move product on the 2-wheeler. Routes are both local and over the road, and will require night time driving.
We offer the following:
- Competitive pay -Potential to make over $60,000 in first year!
- Plus a Sign-on Bonus of up to $5,000 first year (if you hold a CDL A)!
- Opportunity to earn additional pay through productivity incentives, quarterly bonuses, and safety bonuses
- Great benefits including Healthcare, a 401k and stock purchase plan and paid time off
- Safely transports product from the warehouse to the customer(s) and ensures product is delivered on a timely basis.
- Maintain an adequate level of fuel in the vehicle. Report any equipment discrepancies to the manager for immediate action.
- Unload product according to customer specifications.
- Ensures all logs are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis according to DOT and center standards.
- Ensures all invoices are turned in daily and any adjustments are completed correctly. Reports all damages and shortages promptly.
- Ensure complete and accurate reporting utilizing onboard Telogis computer system.
- Ensure all vehicle equipment maintenance reports are properly verified and completed for all pre-trip / post-trip inspections.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL
- Must pass pre-employment testing (DOT Drug screen/Physical, Background Check)
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends and be available for work on scheduled days.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year tractor/trailer experience
- Previous experience in foodservice distribution
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time