The SYGMA Network
This is a warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet jack or forklift, selecting the correct products from warehouse racking, labeling product using SOS label technology, palletizing product as it is selected to build customer orders, and delivering product to the dock in a safe and efficient manner.
This position works four day shifts a week, start time at 7:30 am and requires working until all products are accurately selected and loaded (end-of-shift-generally around 6:30pm). Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required in order to successfully fill customers’ orders. Job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, and Freezer).
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established through an engineered production standard. Requires working rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift, in a fast paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer
- Operate assigned SOS unit to create labels; correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72”; constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.
- Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport product.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Shrink-wrap product on loading dock.
- Follow SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Follow sanitation requirements in order to comply with policy set forth by the Company and by AIB (American Institute of Baking).
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective equipment. Perform pre and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 6 months warehouse experience
- 3 months experience operating an electric pallet jack or forklift
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time