Analyst II, SAP Functional
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Reporting to the SR. MANAGER, BT Merchandising, the BT-FUNCTIONAL ANALYST, LOGISTICS SYSTEMS is responsible for supporting the Corporate Logistics department and the related functionality, configuration, and the usage within the Transportation Management System [TMS]. Additionally, the Functional Analyst will be responsible for the continued deployment of the TMS solution.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate continuously Transportation Management System, EDI, and MDM in relation to changes and demands from within the organization, and/or our customers. Identify system and process strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and recommend solutions to achieve operational efficiencies and delivery excellence.
- Develop risk mitigation, integration and execution plans based on business priorities, growth and the business’ strategic plans for TMS implementations.
- Deliver project documents utilizing the standard company methodology including: Business requirements, Scope documentation, Project schedules, Use cases and Process flows
- Provide expertise in the preparation and validation of test cases and test planning, participates in testing activities related to the assigned functional area(s) (may include functional, integration and user acceptance testing)
- Facilitate functional and business solution reviews with management staff, developers, architects, and infrastructure representatives
- Help to Develop SME's (Subject Matter Experts) within the department by documenting system configuration settings and processes. Actively evaluates and recommends improvements to logistics related processes and ensures development, implementation, of said improvements are executed effectively.
- Participate as a team member on any/all projects that benefit the organization. Be the Liaison between The Business and BT relative to the TMS or other system related project/product development.
- Maintain and update TMS system configuration parameters as required during TMS implementation projects.
- Provide solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the business
- Participate in TMS Upgrade and new functionality testing, implementation and training.
- Works with the technical teams to analyze root causes for problems and design solutions, as well as facilitate prioritization of change requests for service packs and enhancements
- May guide business organization through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost/ benefit analysis and risk/ impact analysis
- Participates in the Major Incident Management process
- Provides after hours support as needed.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain Management (or related discipline), or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with application Functional support, configuration or development
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Functional and configuration experience within a major transportation management system preferred. Knowledge of food service or related industry experience is a plus.
- Understanding of business process knowledge in relation to supporting the logistics system. End-to-end knowledge of the supply chain is a plus.
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills required
- Must be able to work in a dynamic environment with ability to manage, time, multiple priorities, competing tasks and demands
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills and be able to manage multiple requests from different projects/ stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to technical and non-technical staff and end users
- Flexibility and adaptability in responding to transition issues (e.g. responsibilities of work, business integration related, agile transformation, etc.).
- Proficient in analytical problem solving; planning, collaboration, process facilitation
- In-depth background of working on all phases of full life cycle development from concept, planning, analysis and design, through construction, implementation and training of systems
- Must be proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- A company Laptop will be issued. The applicant is expected to have remote access to SYSCO Corp systems/servers when required to do so.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time