Team Leader II - Payroll Services
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Business Services
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco Shared Services, we serve up exceptional service, executing standardized processes in key business operations such as Finance, Human Resources, and Client Services. Our collaborative, cross-functional team and continuous improvement culture sets Sysco apart and provides us with a competitive advantage in the marketplace. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a high performing organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, results-oriented individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Provides day-to-day leadership and support to Sysco Business Services (SBS) payroll team and responsible for building a partnership with the operating companies, Sysco corporate and Sysco Business Services stakeholders. Ensures compliance, proper reporting of enterprise payroll proces and exemplary customer service to our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze the overall payroll processes & procedures for Sysco companies and make recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for building and managing business relationships with internal and external shared services customers (operating companies).
- Research and resolve in depth employee payroll issues
- Solves operational issues with little or no supervision from superior
- Stabilize the operational guidelines and maximize the ROI potential.
- Implement and monitor internal controls.
- Establish, document and implement “best practices” for shared services.
- Respond to operating company issues and concerns timely.
- Work with shared services management on recommendations for process improvements and resolve issues as companies are converted into shared services.
- Solicit and act on improvement opportunities which may include non-centralized activities.
- Insure Sysco operates its payroll function in compliance with all federal and state statues.
- Expert knowledge in multi-state taxation and local tax requirements.
- Supervise the data integrity for all Sysco companies’ part of the shared services.
- Possess the skills knowledge and experience to influence, persuade and negotiate. Must be flexible and detail oriented.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
High School or Equivalent
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of payroll management experience with large multi-employers or management of a centralized processing facility.
- Proven ability to supervise and motivate employees to meet company objectives.
- Knowledge of Enterprise EeTime and other Timekeeping systems that are in place with the Sysco companies
- Experience in a Shared Services environment working with service level agreements
- Multi-state taxation experience
- Lead or supervisory training/ experience.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency with MS Office and payroll processing software.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred.
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll and Timekeeping systems
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral, written and listening) skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to independently and proactively resolve problems within established parameters.
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve most of the conflicts, coordinate work with others and interpret policies on own initiative.
- Ability to research information, and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions for recommending plans of action.
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization both orally and written.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationship with both internal and external clients.
- Requires intricate knowledge of the payroll process including the applicable payroll regulations and tax provisions.
- Proficient in the use of an automated, integrated Payroll/HR/Benefits software package and have the ability to effectively utilize the system's reporting capabilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time