Indirect Tax Accountant II
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Business Services
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 3
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Performs senior level indirect tax account processes including reconciliations, data analyses, and the proposal and implementation of solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations for indirect tax and license accounts meeting all internal deadlines.
- Manages data requests, runs reports, adjusts, analyzes, and validates large, complex data sets for tax account and return compliance.
- Recommends and supports initiatives, including with design, implementation, and support of accounting workflows that are GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliant.
- Reviews, develops and implements systemic improvements to reporting tools for the Company's tax accounting, compliance and exam processes.
- Performs tax research using sources such as state and local tax Statutes, Regulations, Code/Administrative Authority and reputable tax research organizations or external counsel.
- Communicates regularly with external customers, government authorities and other departments and facilities throughout the company and provides detailed, comprehensive responsives to complex tax account inquiries.
- Supports exams’ personnel in audit issue resolution and data gathering and development.
- Documents processes to update/create training materials and participates in the training of Company finance, operations and other personnel on indirect tax data and accounting matters.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Company and its industry to identify issues and value-add service opportunities.
- Assists Tax Managers in the facilitation and implementation of indirect tax planning opportunities.
- Acts as a resources for colleagues with less experience
- Duties as assigned
KEY INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Tax Managers
- Tax Director
- Finance and BT
- Operating company CFO’s
- External Service Providers
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 24 hours in accounting or an equivalent combination of education and accounting/ tax experience
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
- Excel level: Advanced vlookups, pivot tables, subtotals, complex formulas (i.e. Ifiserror, sumifs).
- 3-5+ years progressive, related experience, with emphasis on areas such as account reconciliations, business analytics, and process improvement
- Excel level: Data connections, macros
- Access Level: Advanced queries, ability to read SQL, ODBC, familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP, AS400, or Workday Financial Management
- Experience with Sabrix, Vertex, or other transaction tax calculation systems
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication, analytical and research skills.
- Ability to perform high level analysis, interpret and evaluate precedents and data and recommend solutions to non-recurring problems.
- Develops non-standard reports and statements requiring interpretation and analysis of trends.
- Demonstrates independent judgment in determining how to approach and solve problems.
- Works independently to research and resolve variances, aged items, and potential problems
- Proves to be self-starter in decision making
- Ability to think through multiple alternatives and potential consequences to determine the best outcome.
- Identifies problems regarding management needs, auditing, account structures, and accounting systems.
- Works cooperatively with others in a group environment and across various departments within the organization.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time