Iterations Mgr, BI - Specialty
Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 8
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The successful candidate for this position will play an iteration manager role in the design and development of DevOps platform / solutions within our specialty meat organization. The person in this role will be required to have experience in advising and leading Agile teams on Agile practices & methods, raising the performance of Agile teams through impediment management, continuous improvement, and process facilitation.
- 8+ years of total experience leading IT projects
- 5+ years of experience managing projects
- 3+ years as experience as iteration manager practing Agile methodology (open workspace, cross-functional team, daily standup, sprints, IPM, user stories, TDD, pairing, showcases, retrospectives, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Project Management Tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Pivotal Tracker, HP Agile Manager, Rally, etc.
- Strong practical knowledge of Scrum, Lean, XP, Kanban and other Agile development frameworks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Product Owner and team in the creation and ongoing management of the backlog
- Sets up and leads sprint planning sessions, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and showcases in a way that ensures full team engagement
- Helps the team removing impediments and staying focused on commitments
- Monitors progress, issues and risks and ensures tracking and socialization of team metrics and status reports
- Facilitates team interactions; ensures the clear communication of product requirements and alignment across the team
- Supports the Product Owner in assessing priorities, understanding technical issues, and identifying dependencies on other teams
- Drives continuous improvement and self-organizing behaviors in the team through promoting adoption of Agile practices & methods
- Fosters knowledge sharing and assists with identification and scaling of best practices across teams
- Supports administrative activities related to work tracking, vendor management, and cost transparency
- Self-starter, quick learner and highly adaptable to change
- Build and manage great working relationship with co-workers and peer teams
- Work seamlessly with onsite and remote team members
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to foster team engagement and collaboration
- Strong communication skills with ability to manage and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated problem solver and active seeker of solutions
- Effective change management skills in a fast-paced agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; or 4 years equivalent experience
- This position will be performed from a corporate facility in Houston, TX
- No Travel
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more! Background & Drug Screen. EOE.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time