Company: Buckhead Meat of Atlanta
Location: US-GA-College Park
Zip Code: 30337
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 2
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
Lead personnel to ensure an efficient, accurate and orderly completion of receiving, selection and loading while maintaining a neat, orderly and sanitary warehouse environment.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Each employee is responsible for the food safety and quality of our products.
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of tasks, prioritizing product needs based on demand.
- Ensure that all product specifications are being met according to guidelines. Manage processes to minimize re-work, spoilage and theft.
- Monitor employee performance, and provide ongoing performance feedback. Apply consistent disciplinary measures as needed, or as identified within the company policy handbook.
- Perform safety packet criteria.
- Analyze and research problems and provide resolutions.
- Continually inform Seafood Production Manager of potential problems and changes.
- Ensure proper rotation of all product.
- Acts as back up to the Seafood Production Supervisor.
- Maintain Seafood Production Operation in accordance with company compliance standards.
- Maintain a level of production cleanliness that will result in an excellent compliance audit score.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist warehouse personnel in their daily duties.
- Work with other department supervisors to ensure the completion of one PWM observation per employee per quarter.
- Compile daily productivity and reliability statistics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To know and understand the company’s safety and health goals and the objectives. Assist the company in achieving these goals by participating in the safety program.
- Conduct periodic safety inspections of your dept and address any safety issues found immediately.
- Train and promote safe work practices and use observations to check on employee’s work habits. Use the company’s disciplinary policy to enforce safe work practices.
- Promote participation in the safety program to all employees.
- To ensure compliance with government compliance issues (such as OSHA, DOT, EPA and FDA) as directed by management.
- A high school diploma/GED plus 2 - 4 years warehouse work including forklift and pallet jack experience.
- PC, Microsoft Office programs, CRT, forklift and pallet jack
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
You must be able to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction. In addition you must be able to perform manual tasks, hear, sit, reach, bend, and interact with others.
Activities occur both inside (protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Employee is subjected to extreme cold while supervising in the freezer. Hazardous conditions may exist, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical current.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify your supervisor and complete the Internal Job Posting form and return to the Human Resources Department.
Deadline for applying for this position is the close of business, October 14, 2016.
Buckhead Beef is proud to be an EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status/Genetic Data.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Employment Type: Full Time